Help for vulnerable patients
|Looe Coronavirus Support Group
For patients who are self-isolating, following stringent social distancing and/or are reliant on the regular support of others who may also be self-isolating, including picking up shopping and medications, our wonderful community has rallied around and brought together a team of amazing volunteers to help.
You can reach them be calling 01503 804099, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm. Alternatively, you can email [email protected]
- NHS Volunteer Responders: you can submit a live referral for an individual that needs support or an NHS service that requires volunteers providing they meet the referring criteria at https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSreferral or on 0808 196 3382.
- Volunteers can provide: (1) Check in and chat support – short-term telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness as a consequence of self-isolation (note, this is not mental health advice); (2) Community support – collection of shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home; (3) Patient Transport – transport to take patients home who are medically fit for discharge.
- Health at home – is a webpage that gives them an overview of NHS services that are available, such as how to order repeat prescriptions online and get them delivered (https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSreferral).
- Public Health England have provided some guidance on looking after mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Local councils are working with voluntary sector organisations and local communities to support residents in the response to COVID-19. You have the details of the Looe support Group.
- The government has provided advice on employment and financial support on their website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- For access to the COVID-19 directory please click here.
- There is a ‘Virtual Community Friendship Café’ on Facebook for Cornwall, for everyone whatever their need; a shared space for organisations to shout about what they do. Each week there will be a theme, please see the list below for a list of topics that will be covered.
Routine immunisations during this time are still going ahead, please click here for more information.
If you have any concerns please feel free to email us at [email protected], alternatively you can call the surgery on 01503 266960 but please be patient as our lines are extremely busy at the moment.